Friday, January 29, 2010

Moving A Large Wooden Playset Is There A Way To Remove An Oak Wooden Banister Without Destroying It, And Then Reinstalling The Banister?

Is there a way to remove an oak wooden banister without destroying it, and then reinstalling the banister? - moving a large wooden playset

I'm trying to move some large furniture in my top level of my house. But I need to remove an oak railing to get some pieces of the landing. For me to do what I remove the rail. But I will not fall, because I had back in the same place. Is it possible, without destroying them and not be strong enough when you reinstall?

A friend of mine (who sees a lot of tinkering says), it is a way, but when you reinstall it will not be so strong, even if done professionally.

So I wonder if its worth to get the furniture on the floor.

My house was built by an architect of the series, so I guess most of them oak rails install / rails more or less the same way.

Any advice would be helpful. Thank you!

4 comments:

George O said...

So I wonder if its worth to get the furniture on the floor.
I can answer that. NO. I removed 2 and then reinstall it. He broke something, and if I could say about you, who had retired. But each was the most difficult part of 3 days of painstaking work.

Well, if the fittings are still not go over the railing and threw a window. I fear that we have a room on the stairs to go with the house if you ever sell.

Nort said...

It can be done very carefully. Not sure, but it is worth some furniture. In most cases, furniture can be higher than the rail, but otherwise you can remove the fence and back with a lot of work. Not always easy to separate. Use a rubber hammer is a hammer does not distort the wood.
Good luck

Butwhatd... said...

You need an eye for it. First, not in the grid seen below. Get right to see it, as it was developed. Nails, nails and glue, screws? Not only grow there. So when he discovered how to put together, then you can imagine, how to remove the bra ... If you can do, or is there another way to the ramp was dismantled to fix.? You may have a few shops to browse networks, just a few ideas of what is possible, to obtain. You have suggestions or technical tasks listed in the disassembly.

ohmydrpe... said...

"Yes, take" only slowly apart

Post a Comment